Senior Manager for Marketing and Outreach
Job ID: 6915
Alternate locations : IL2
Category: Communications/Marketing/Public Relations
More information about this job:
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is the leading education research non:profit organization in the nation providing a continuum of education research, assessment, technical assistance and policy analysis from the school level up to the national and international levels. Our programs apply science to address real world issues on behalf of clients that include federal and state agencies, international development agencies, leading foundations, school districts and private businesses and our experts are a frequent source of information and guidance for policymakers, clients and the news media.
The Education, Human Development, and Workforce (EHDW) Program at AIR is responsible for more than 280 projects totaling 95 million. The role of the Senior Manager for Outreach and Marketing in EHDW is to identify opportunities, implement marketing and dissemination strategies, and develop messages and materials that convey EHDWs expertise, knowledge, capacity and services
to policymakers, practitioners, funders, and the public and generate new business opportunities. The EHDW Senior Manager for Outreach and Marketing will work closely with AIRs corporate communications office to support the organizations efforts to expand AIRs reach and reputation. This position will report to the EHDW Vice President in charge of external relations and will work closely with AIRs Corporate Office of Communications. The position can be based in either the washington
, D.C. or Chicago, IL office.
1. Develop and implement strategies to market products and services to schools, districts, and state education agencies.
2. Write and oversee the development of project descriptions, fact sheets, brochures, and related online and print materials highlighting AIRs contributions to the fields of education, human development, and the workforce.
3. Work with corporate communications to identify opportunities to promote and publicize staff expertise, research findings, involvement in high:profile projects and policy ideas.
4. Work with EHDW leadership to identify key topic areas each year and develop messages and strategies, in collaboration with corporate communications, to promote EHDWs work in these areas.
5. Support EHDWs External Relations activities, assisting with forums, developing policy publications, and facilitating relationships between policy makers and AIR staff.
6. Provide targeted dissemination and marketing support and advice to AIR program staff on projects.
7. Advise staff on social media, communications, and dissemination strategies.
8. Work with EHDW publication services and corporate communicates to implement branding guidelines for AIR and EHDW materials.
9. Coordinate the work of multiple consultants.
1. Bachelors degree