Opportunity Assessment Associate : Middle Revenue Cycle
Job ID: 3915
Location: US:Approved Living Locations
Position Level: Associate
Zip Code: ..
Position Type: Full Time
Submit for this job:
Interested in this opportunity?
* Apply online now
* Email a friend to this job
Job Opportunity Details:
About the Practice/Client:
Formed in 2002, Huron Consulting Group is a public company listed on the NASDAQ exchange under the symbol HURN and stands out as one of the fastest growing financial and operational consulting firms in the industry. With a global reach, we deliver practical business advice and solutions that extend far beyond transactions and which are supported by objective, sustainable and measurable results. We help our clients improve performance, comply with complex regulations, resolve disputes, recover from distress, leverage technology, and stimulate growth. We service a wide variety of both financially sound and distressed organizations including leading academic institutions, healthcare organizations, Fortune 500 companies, medium:sized businesses, and the law firms which represent these various organizations. Primary practice areas are: Health and Education Consulting, Legal Consulting, and Financial Consulting.
The Middle Revenue Cycle (MRC) is defined as the following functions: Charge Capture, Strategic Pricing, and Managed Care Contracting. The Middle Revenue Cycle Associate is responsible for completing complex analyses, conducting manager and director level interviews to gain insights into pricing, charging, and managed care contracting processes, and creating client ready deliverables of the assessment findings. The MRC Associate will play a key role in quantifying the financial benefit available to a particular organization and supporting the sales process. This position requires experience relating to identifying and/or implementing improvements within a physician group, hospital or health systems revenue cycle.
* Review and interpret data from client systems, including detailed data extracts and summary performance reports or analyses related to the MRC functions. Pose appropriate questions to the client when data is unclear and/or incomplete and work with the client to receive an accurate data set.
* Conduct analysis of charge capture improvement opportunities based upon a detailed review of the Charge Description Master alongside Revenue and Usage reports
* Utilize benchmarking/data repository tools such as Ingenix to complete complex data analyses and comparisons
* Interview clinical department managers (e.g., Emergency Department, Observation) and/or shadow charge entry staff to identify process:related charging or coding improvement opportunities
* Prepare financial analyses to benchmark the financial performance of clients managed care contracts in order to identify opportunities for financial improvements and enhancements
* Perform pricing analysis