Dari Linguist (Primary:Level)
Location: Crystal City (DC Regional Office)
Company Order Number: 523
of openings: 1
FEDSYS is a professional services
company focused on providing reliable, cost:effective solutions to clients within both the public and private sectors. FedSys areas of experience and expertise include information technology
, language services, intelligence, security, program management, customs and border management, and staffing. Services include requirements analysis, engineering, facility and systems design, systems integration and installation, customization, programming, maintenance, support, translation and interpretation, and training.
The ideal candidate will perform in the role of a Dari linguist and will be responsible for the full range of activities in processing material or participating in situations requiring advanced capability to perform translation, transcription and interpretation in support of the US Interagency work. In addition, the incumbent will perform ancillary linguistic activities, which include but are not limited to the following, are: blogging, collection, content management, editing, language training, monitoring, quality control, scanning, selection, subject matter expertise, summarizing/gisting, terminology management, translation:related services, triage, workflow, writing reports, writing analysis.Ensuring professional performance during working hours demonstrating appropriate personal behavior during leisure hours.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Can translate a wide variety of complex texts that may contain difficult, idiomatic, scientific, and colloquial writing. Can capture subtleties, nuance, tone and register. Text might include commentary reflecting specific culture to analysis to argumentation and translator can capture meaning of socio:cultural elements embedded in text. Expression reflects native usage.
* Able to interpret at virtually all levels, including complex or highly complex idiomatic speech with a very high degree of accuracy.
* Has excellent command in terms of speaking and comprehension of one or more dialects.
* Can successfully render expressions specific to a culture, and convey almost all subtleties and nuances appropriately.
* Reviews audio material write/transcribes information into English with a high:degree of accuracy and expression.
* Has excellent understanding of one or more regional dialects.
* Must be familiar with the communications collection equipment and have basic knowledge on its operation
* Must be familiar with basic investigative terminology and trends and any relative concerns regarding the investigations
* Must be familiar with minimization requirements for intercepted communications and proper handling instructions
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Near native proficiency in reading, writing and speaking Chinese (Mandarin) and English
* Had a good understanding of r