Customer Solutions Engineer
Posted Date: 3/27/2012
Cost Center: 614
Category: Sales/Sales Engineering
Apply for this job:
Your application choices are:
* Apply for this jobonlineIf you would like to include a cover letter, please be sure combine your cover letter and resume into one document.
More information about this job:
About the job
Ever imagined being able to evangelize latest, emerging and most discussed Internet technologies to prospective customers? That is the primary responsibility, period. Become the expert in eCommerce or Digital Media, work with Sales to Evangelize, Strategize, help a wide variety of customers grow their online business, and build a better Internet. You would work with existing install base customers, translate their complex business requirements to technical capabilities, pick and choose the right Akamai products or modules, and design solutions of varying complexities. Wait, it doesnt stop there : you build, implement, test and switch on the solution for the customer too. What more can you ask for than seeing your own solution, in real time, transform the way your customers do business online Also, do you see a way to make the job easier for yourself and others by building tools for automation? Have an interesting feature request, based on customer feedback, to propose to product management and engineering? Want to be the subject matter expert in a specific product or industry vertical? Go do it and you get the bragging rights
About the team
Are you a gadget lover? Do you have a technology blog or website of your own? Were you part of your school/college band? Is big bang theory your favorite TV show? Are you amazed at the working of the Internet? : you probably would love to be part of the Customer Solutions Engineers (CSE) team. If you are someone that loves to talk to your friends about how Facebook has changed our lives, or to debate about the future of mobile, or wonder how billions of dollars of business can be conducted on the Internet, or tell your parents what they missed out in college without YouTube, this is probably the place for you. Join us, a team of technically skilled and Internet industry aware individuals, uniquely poised at the cusp of technology and business, aiming to redefine the go:to:market strategy for Akamais mid:market customers.
* Participate in prospecting exercises with the sales, identify potential opportunities for Akamai.
* Design solutions for customers business requirements using Akamai products/modules.
* Implement and deploy solutions for existing/new customers on the Akamai platform.
* Supporting/Assisting existing customers on technical issues.
* Work with R and D and Product Management to be closely involved in future product direction and strategy.
* Evangelize the need for Akamai at various levels of the customer organization.
* Education: Bachelor