Region: Southern Region : arkansas
Application Deadline: 5/1/2012
Start Date: 7/2/2012
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Jacksonville, AR : Jacksonville LCS
Category: School Operations
Benefits: Full Benefits Available with Full:Time Position
Apply To This Job
Return To List
LighthouseAcademy(LHA) custodians are responsible for more than facility maintenance and operations. Their work supports the transformation of childrens lives and creates opportunities for a brighter future. We are seeking custodians who will make the commitment to conduct their work with determination, integrity and purpose, embodying these essential qualities:
* Work in schools that demonstrates a sense of urgency and the relentless pursuit of high academic student achievement
* Reflective, self:aware and adaptable to communication and work styles of others
* Critical thinker and problem solver who takes initiative
* Belief in the power of collaboration and works to build a collaborative culture with LHA network, community
, staff, families and students
A Lighthouse Academy custodian works to create and enhance a culture of achievement and respect where high expectations and results are the norm. Custodians actions must always be aligned with our mission, vision, core values and education program. The essential functions for our custodians are as follows:
FACILITY and EQUIPMENT MAINTENANCE
* Clean, dust, and sanitizes rooms; clean and wax floors; clean windows and stairs; sanitize lavatories, furniture, appliances, and support apparatus.
* Operate equipment needed to complete essential functions including: vacuum cleaner, rug cleaner, hand and small, lawnmower and power tools.
* Install paper products; deliver supplies and materials.
* Perform preventive maintenance work, paint, replaces bulbs, ballast, and replace glass.
* Perform inspections on building as part of the Integrated Pest Management Plan.
* Relocate furniture and equipment; complete facility setups.
* Operate building systems, including HVAC, fire protection, security control, lighting, and safety.
* Complete inventory reports, daily cleaning and maintenance reports, and supply orders.
* Complete building and equipment maintenance tasks.
* If requested, participate in AHERA training program and perform needed inspections and reports for asbestos maintenance. All asbestos maintenance is to be done only be certified person(s).
* If necessary, perform defensive spill management and act as the Chemical Hygiene Office of school.
* Attend and participate in training programs.
* Keep equipment assigned to him/her clean.
* Follow safety procedures at all times.
* Collaborate with colleagues, as needed, and reflect upon experience and practice to continuously improve personal practice and to support the achievement of the overall goals and mission of the school and the network.
* Use feedb